Friday, October 06, 2006

 
DAY THIRTY-ONE: EXTENDED TOUR IN NEW YORK IV

Days have turned basic and focussed. Between periods plugged into the computer, I have lunch with Jess at Mama's in the Lower East Side. We talk about what we are willing to do for art and how long that can be sustained and how much choice there is in the matter. That and whether generalizations can be made about our five friends from high school who are all so different. None of us are married nor have children, and we don't even know if that's what we want. How does such a phenomenon happen? Is it pure coincidence?

Later, I see three apartments, two of which I consider seriously. I feel like I don't know what I want and I have to see as much as possible to have any idea. It's like I'm lost, but without the pure anguish.

Jed and Andrea go food shopping. I go back into the city and have a late dinner with Cameron and a group of people he's with. Then I meet Collyn in the Lower East Side where the bars have turned clubby and frat-ish. It's her 24th birthday and she's resplendent. We worked in Maine last summer together. She gets saucy enough ask direct questions, but is still sensitive to be affected by mine. Whatever, she's brilliant and tortured.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?