Thursday, October 05, 2006

 
DAY THIRTY: EXTENDED TOUR IN NEW YORK III

Jed and Andrea are gone by the time I wake up. The big theme of the first half of the day is: do I say yes about that apartment? Theresa needs an answer by 2pm and the pressure overpowers everything else, like practical thoughts. Fortuneately, Theresa and Liam decide against it at the last minute, so I dodge that bullet.

I left my digital card at home, so there aren't any digital pictures of today.

I meet Andrea at the Natural History Museum. She takes me to the off-limits floors where bugs the size of my hand are kept in casual and flimsy-looking vitrines in the hallway. I sort of yelp my way to Andrea's office. We go to the roof and find wierd experiment-like Ziplocs with solar-powered cells attached and scattered around. I get locked in a stall in the women's bathroom. Andrea says it's never a dull moment with me.

We go to the Painting Center in SoHo for a New York minute, though it's lovely to see old painter-types. Then we go to a party put on by Sandbox, a photo studio I worked for in San Francisco that is opening a New York studio. It's schmancy and cool, full of flitters and gabbers. I try to flag down the hors d'oeuvres and run into a number of people I forget I knew. Or, it's more like finding myself in New York and there are all these other people, and I happen to know some of them for one reason or another.

We go to Joe's Pizza on West 4th, my super absolute favorite, then go home and talk until Jed gets back from the recording studio. I get back on craigslist for a good obssesive amount of time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?